Welcome Central Michigan University Students
Student Health Insurance Applications and Brochures:
Students may view or print a variety of information. If you decide to print be sure to print all pages of the information you need.
If you need assistance please call 1-800-922-3420.
Click on the information you need. Refresh (F5) for the latest information.
Undergraduate, Graduate and International Students:
College of Medicine Students:
If you wish to participate in the student health insurance program- DO NOT DO ANYTHING. All CMU College of Medicine students are automatically enrolled in the student health insurance program and payment for your insurance coverage will be added to your tuition bill. If you are participating in the student health insurance program and you wish to enroll your spouse or child(ren), you may enroll and pay for your dependent coverage below. Do not remit payment for yourself as your premium is added to your tutition bill.
If you have comparable coverage and you wish to waive the student health insurance, please click on the blue waiver button on the left and complete the waiver form. Waivers will only be accepted until July 15, 2013. Any student who wishes to waive out of the program must do so prior to July 15, 2013 or you will automatically be enrolled in the plan. Please see WAIVER INFORMATION below for more important instructions.
Policy benefits and dependent enrollment information can be can be found below:
All Central Michigan University College of Medicine students are automatically enrolled for Disability Insurance coverage. Please click on the link below to review and print the Disability Benefit brochure.
- Waiver (Click waiver button on left to waive):
This form has been designed to assist students in complying with the Central Michigan University policy requiring all College of Medicine students to be automatically enrolled in this insurance Plan, unless proof of comparable coverage is furnished.
If you already have insurance you MUST provide proof that your policy provides benefits at least equal to those required by Central Michigan University. This includes completing the online waiver form as well as submitting documentation to the Office of Student Affairs. These steps must be completed by July 15, 2013. Acceptable evidence of coverage includes a letter from the current insurance company on their letterhead stating a student is covered or proof of eligibility benefits from the employer of the individual who lists the student as a dependent. This should also be on the employer’s letterhead. For both, the effective dates of the plan should be included.
Please submit letter to:
Office of Student Affairs
CMU College of Medicine
Mount Pleasant, MI 48859
Attention: Director of Student Affairs
Please answer the waiver questions regarding your current insurance policy. If you have any questions or doubts regarding whether your current coverage complies with CMU’s requirements contact your current insurer.
If ANY of these benefits are not covered through your current policy, you will be enrolled in CMU’s Student Injury and Sickness Insurance Plan.
- COMPLETION OF THIS FORM DOES NOT GUARANTEE ACCEPTABILITY OF THE ABOVE PRIVATE INSURANCE. THIS INSURANCE COVERAGE MAY BE VERIFIED WITH YOUR INSURANCE PROVIDER. IF AT ANYTIME IT IS DETERMINED THAT THE STUDENT’S CURRENT INSURANCE PLAN IS NOT ACTIVE OR DOES NOT PROVIDE COVERAGE AS OUTLINED IN THE WAIVER, STUDENT ACCOUNTS HAS THE AUTHORITY TO BILL THE STUDENT’S ACCOUNT FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE ACADEMIC YEAR FOR THE CMU STUDENT PRIMARY INSURANCE PLAN. THIS BILLING WILL BE NON-REFUNDABLE. IF YOU LOSE COVERAGE FOR ANY REASON THROUGHOUT THE SCHOOL YEAR, YOU ARE REQUIRED TO CONTACT Office of Student Affairs at 989-774-7882.
- By signing the waiver form you are affirming that your insurance policy will provide the coverage as outlined on the form. Also by signing the form, you hereby release Central Michigan University, of any responsibility of your health care and you attest that you will assume all financial responsibility related to your health care while attending Central Michigan University for the 2013-2014 academic year.
Your submission of this waiver form will be used as an electronic signature. This signature certifies that you are covered by the insurance plan described in your completed form. Central Michigan University reserves the right to complete an audit on all students and review each request to determine eligibility.
ADDITIONAL INSURANCE FORMS FOR ALL CMU STUDENTS ADDITIONAL INSURANCE FORMS FOR ALL CMU STUDENTSINSURANCE FORMS FOR ALL CMU STUDENTS
- Dental Plans
- Collegiate Risk Management is very excited to offer your students an opportunity to enroll in an affordable Dental Plan.
- Plan options start as low as $15.50 per month and is offered on a voluntary basis.
- Please select a dental plan for yourself and your family members. These plans have no waiting period for checkups and you can visit any dentist - no network restrictions. Click here for rates and enrollment information.